Nominations still open for Business of the YearPublished 12:23pm Tuesday, February 25, 2014
FRANKLIN—Each year the Chamber recognizes an outstanding business for achievement and contribution to the business community. The nominees firm should positively impact the community through its products and/or services. The Franklin-Southampton community is privileged to have many businesses worthy of recognition.
Nominations should be returned to the Chamber office no later than Monday, March 3.
The 2012 Business of the Year award will be presented at the annual membership meeting to be held at Cypress Cove Country Club on Thursday, March 27.
The following are the recipients of previous recognitions:
- 1991 – Blake Blythe, Blake Ford Mercury Mazda Chrysler Dodge Jeep
- 1992 – Fred Rabil, Fred’s Restaurant
- 1993 – Bobby Cutchins, Bobby’s Muffler, Alignment & Lube Center – Firestone
- 1994 – Warren Beale, Manry-Rawls Corporation
- 1995 – Ricky Blunt, Franklin Bus Service
- 1996 – Judy Riddick, The Peanut Patch
- 1997 – Sol W. Rawls Jr., S.W. Rawls Inc.
- 1998 – Russell West, Ivor Furniture Co. Inc.
- 1999 – Lynne H. Rabil, Hubbard Peanut Co. Inc.
- 2000 – James P. Councill III, Councill Financial Concepts
- 2001 – Peter Clark – Franklin Broadcasting / WLQM
- 2002- James S. Green / James S. Green Contractor
- 2003 – Ed & Glenna Canada / Parker Drug Co.
- 2004 – Hanes Byerly / The Tidewater News
- 2005 – Chuck Gatten / Floor to Ceiling
- 2006 – Dan Hunt / The Pace House Inn
- 2007 – Benny Burgess / Burgess and Co., PC, CPA’s
- 2008 – Robert T. Petty / Bronco Federal Credit Union
- 2009 – Gerry Patnesky / Alphabet Soup
- 2010 – Rose and John Warren, Lisa and Jim Strozier / Highground Services
- 2011 – Mitch Sandlin / Mid Atlantic Dairy Queen
- 2012 – Glenn and Sarah Rawlings / Rawlings Mechanical Corp.