FHS Conference 41 track team resultsPublished 11:14am Wednesday, May 28, 2014
The following Franklin High School track team members competed in the Conference 41 Track Meet on Saturday, May 24 and posted the following results:
• Josie Rankin – 3rd in the 100 meter Hurdles (20.87), 4th in the 300M Hurdles (1:09.30) and Long Jump (12-11), and 2nd in the High Jump (4-06).
• Skiler Woolfolk and Porschia Lee – finished 1st and 2nd in the 800M (3:31.35 and 3:48.24) and Mile Runs (7:42.47 and 7:56.90), respectively. Porschia placed 2nd in the Discus Throw (44-06) and Skiler placed 4th (35-04). Porschia also placed 3rd in the Shot Put (15-00.50).
• Rankin, Woolfolk and Lee scored enough points to become the Conference 41 runner-up.
• Jawun Walton – placed 4th in the 110M Hurdles (21.15) and 5th in the 300M Hurdles (49.73).
• Justin Hansford – placed 4th in the Mile Run (5:46.92), 6th in the 800M Run (2:41.17) and 5th in the High Jump (5-02).
• Terry Warren – placed 2nd in the Shot Put (37-06) and 3rd in the Discus Throw (75-08).
• JaVonte’ Baker – placed 1st in the 100M Dash (11.57), 2nd in the 200M Dash (23.69) and 5th in the Long Jump (17-02).
• Quayshaun Jefferson – placed first in the 400M Run (53.51), 4th in the 100M Dash (12.12), 2nd in the High Jump (5-06) and Long Jump (17-04.25), and 3rd in the Triple Jump (34-04).
• Latrell Lane – placed 3rd in the 100M (11.86) and 200M dashes (24.70)
• Marcus Stephens – placed 1st in the 200M Dash (23.43) and 2nd in the 100M Dash (11.57); 4th in the High Jump (5-04), 3rd in the Long Jump (17-04) and 2nd in the Triple Jump (34-08).
• Marcus Stephens and Quayshaun Jefferson were selected as Player of the Year for track.
• All of these athletes advanced to the Region 1A East Tournament, which will be at Charles High School on Thursday at 1 p.m.
• The 4×100 Relay Team of Jefferson, Lane, Baker and Stephens missed becoming the conference champion by 8 points, but they blasted the state qualifying standard of 45.2 seconds by running 44.05 seconds for 1st place. This advances them to the state tournament, which will be at Radford University from June 5-7.