CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A tractor trailer crash triggered the closure of all northbound lanes of Interstate 95 close to mile marker 62 in Chesterfield on Thursday.
At 9:00 a.m. VDOT reported that every one northbound lanes are open. The 4 mile backup brought on by the crash has now cleared.
Virginia State Police say they responded to the crash at 5:55 a.m. A BMW was touring south on I-95 when it ran off the left facet of the freeway and struck the Jersey wall. To keep away from crashing into the BMW, a tractor trailer swerved to the left and struck the Jersey wall.
The tractor trailer continued via the wall and was struck by a Chevrolet pickup truck touring north.
VSP says a minimum of one particular person has been transported to Chippenham Hospital for minor accidents on account of the crash. The driver of the BMW has been charged with reckless driving for failing to keep up management of the car, based on police.
This is a growing story. Stay with 8News for updates.
- Coronavirus replace: Over 1,200 new circumstances reported, highest quantity since early August
- Newsfeed Now: Wildfires rage on the West Coast; NFL season kicks off in Kansas City
- ‘You should anticipate the surprising’: Mahomes, Chiefs prepared to start out season throughout pandemic
- Woman sentenced to jail time for attacking McDonald’s staff as a result of she didn’t get a cookie
- Fires with out precedent rage in often cool, moist Northwest