Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
I make loads of my well being and sweetness merchandise, so physique butters like cocoa butter and shea butter are staples in my dwelling. But there are different physique butters which have their very own set of advantages for hair and pores and skin. Mango butter is my new favourite physique butter to experiment with. It’s moisturizing, soothing, and splendid! And sure, it actually does come from a mango!
Sound unique? Let’s discover out…
What Is Mango Butter?
Mango butter is a butter extracted from the mango seed (pit). It’s much like cocoa butter or shea butter in that it’s usually utilized in physique care merchandise as an emollient base. It’s moisturizing with out being greasy and has a really delicate odor (which makes it straightforward to scent with important oils!).
Mango has been utilized in Ayurvedic medication for hundreds of years. It was thought to have rejuvenating properties and that it may strengthen the guts, increase mind exercise, and enhance the physique’s immunity.
Mango Butter Benefits for Hair and Skin
Mango may be very well-liked in skincare, haircare, and cosmetics. Here are a few of its advantages:
Mango butter is wealthy in vitamins that replenish hair and pores and skin well being and make them delicate and clean. This butter incorporates:
- Vitamin A
- Lots of vitamin C
- Vitamin E
Mango butter additionally incorporates different antioxidants in addition to important fatty acids. These important fatty acids embrace:
- palmitic acid
- arachidic acid
- linoleic acid
- oleic acid
- stearic acid
All of those vitamins make mango butter such a fantastic moisturizer for hair and pores and skin. Just as vitamins assist the physique on the within, vitamins like those current in mango butter assist increase hair and pores and skin well being when used externally.
Emollient & Moisturizing
One of the obvious advantages of this physique butter is that it helps hydrate the pores and skin. A 2008 study concluded that mango butter is a superb emollient that rebuilds the pure pores and skin barrier. It goes on to say that mango butter “actively replenishes moisture for better skin protection thereby leaving the skin silky, smooth and hydrated.”
Because it’s so moisturizing, many individuals use it for pores and skin circumstances like eczema and psoriasis in addition to to scale back the looks of scars, positive traces, and stretch marks. As talked about earlier, the vitamins in mango butter are one cause that it’s so soothing and moisturizing for the pores and skin and hair.
Anti-inflammatory & Antimicrobial
The above 2008 examine notes that mango butter has anti-inflammatory properties. It additionally talked about mango butter has antimicrobial properties and may cease the replica of micro organism. These properties give mango butter the flexibility to assuage and restore broken pores and skin and hair. It may assist with pores and skin and scalp points corresponding to eczema or dandruff due to these properties.
Mango butter additionally doesn’t clog pores, making it a fantastic physique butter for all pores and skin sorts. In distinction, cocoa butter is thought to clog pores. So, when you have delicate or acne-prone pores and skin, utilizing mango butter in your skincare merchandise is a good concept. I really like how wealthy mango butter is with out being greasy. It’s additionally nice for youths’ pores and skin!
Uses of Mango Butter
Because of mango butter’s many advantages for the pores and skin and hair, it may be utilized in some ways. Here are a few of my favourite methods to make use of mango butter:
- Sunburn – Mango butter might be very soothing for a sunburn, so I preserve it round for this use. I’ve used it this fashion and love how soothing it’s!
- Frostbite – While frostbite must be cared for by medical professionals, after returning dwelling, mango butter might be soothing for the pores and skin.
- In lotions and physique butters – Mango butter is wonderful for soothing and moisturizing dry pores and skin, so I like so as to add it to do-it-yourself lotions and different moisturizers when I’ve it. I’ve even used it to make lotion bars like this one.
- Eczema reduction – These can be useful for eczema, psoriasis, or different pores and skin circumstances that require deep moisturizing. I add it to this eczema reduction lotion bar.
- Men’s lotion – I add mango butter to this males’s lotion recipe because it has a gentle aroma.
- Acne – Mango butter is a good moisturizer for acne-prone pores and skin because it received’t clog pores and has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
- Anti-itch balms – Mango might help soothe itchy pores and skin so it’s a fantastic addition to a bug chunk balm or lotion.
- Lip balm – Use mango butter instead of shea butter or cocoa butter in lip balm recipes. Mango butter may be very moisturizing, so it’s excellent for sunburnt or chapped lips.
- Scars – Use pure mango butter or a butter containing mango butter on scars to assist enhance the look of the scar. I’ve observed that this helps with contemporary scars that aren’t fading as shortly as I’d like.
- Fine traces – Many individuals discover that mango butter helps enhance positive traces on the face.
- Stretch marks – Mango butter may be useful for stretch marks from being pregnant or in any other case. Just rub some mango butter onto the pores and skin each day.
- Hair – use mango butter to clean frizzy hair. Mango butter may assist with dandruff and different pores and skin or scalp points.
- Face moisturizer – This recipe is a good face moisturizer utilizing mango butter.
Mango butter is such a fantastic moisturizer, I usually add it to merchandise I’m making at dwelling. But I’ve additionally used it by itself which works very well too.
Is Mango Butter Edible?
Mango butter is edible! It can be utilized to exchange cocoa butter in recipes (together with in do-it-yourself chocolate). However, don’t eat simply any mango butter. It should be a food-grade mango butter (many which can be meant for skincare are usually not food-grade).
Is Mango Butter Better than Other Butters?
Mango butter and shea butter are comparable in composition and are each nice moisturizers. They can usually be used interchangeably in recipes. Cocoa butter can be comparable although it’s extra prone to clog pores. I like mango butter as a result of it’s agency (not fairly as agency as cocoa butter) and has little or no aroma.
Where to Get Mango Butter?
I get high quality mango butter for skincare and haircare use at a neighborhood pure retailer or on-line. Make certain you discover a pure mango butter that hasn’t been lower with different substances. I prefer to get mine from the identical firm I belief with my important oils.
This article was medically reviewed by Dr. Jennifer Walker, an inner medication doctor. As at all times, this isn’t private medical recommendation and we advocate that you simply discuss along with your physician or work with a health care provider at SteadyMD.
Have you tried mango physique butter? What do you want about it?