There are several ways to find real estate leads. The most common method is to search online for real estate listing websites. However, this method can be time-consuming and may not always produce the best results.
Another way to find real estate leads is to contact a real estate agent or broker. This method can be more complex but lead to better quality leads. The problem is it is not a lot available. We have found the most successful way to find the highest quality real estate leads in abundance through probate and pre-probate leads.
What is Probate?
Probate is the legal process of administering the estate of a deceased person. This includes distributing their assets to beneficiaries and paying any debts and taxes owed. The probate process can be complicated and time-consuming, so many people choose to hire a probate attorney. Often, a house or property in the estate during probate needs to be sold. This is an extremely hot seller lead for a real estate agent.
What is Pre-Probate?
Pre-probate is the period before the probate process begins. This is when the estate’s executor, usually a family member or close friend, is notified of the death and starts gathering information about the deceased person’s assets.
Probate and pre-probate leads can be a great source of high-quality real estate leads. Here are some tips for finding these leads:
1. Look for online obituaries. When a person dies, their obituary will be posted online. This is a great way to find probate leads.
2. Check court records. Court records are public records, so you can usually find them online or at the courthouse. Look for homes that have recently been through probate.
3. Use a probate leads service. Some companies specialize in finding probate leads. They can be a great resource, but they usually charge a fee. This is usually the easiest way to get tips if you don’t mind paying for the convenience.
4. Keep an eye out for For Sale by Owner (FSBO) signs. Sometimes, when a person dies, they don’t want to pay realtor fees to move the property. This means that they’ll try to sell it on their own. You can find FSBO signs by driving around neighborhoods or searching online.
5. Ask around. Talk to people in your community, especially if you’re new. If someone dies and their family is trying to get rid of the property quickly, they might not want to deal with selling the home. They are already upset about losing a loved one. So, they may just want to get rid of the property as soon as possible. You can find out about these situations by asking around your community or searching online.
6. Look for probate sales. Probate is the legal process of distributing a deceased person’s assets. If someone dies without a will, their estate has to go through the probate process, and their home may be put up for sale. You can search online or ask your local courthouse if they have a list of probate sales.
7. Check out government foreclosure auctions. If a homeowner doesn’t pay their mortgage, the government can foreclose on the property and sell it at an auction. You can find information about these auctions online, and they happen several times a year.
There are a few different ways to find cheap houses worth investing in. You can look for probate sales, government foreclosure auctions, or try to find properties that motivated sellers are selling. Do your research and figure out which option is best for you. With a little bit of effort, you should be able to find real estate leads for your agency.